Tuesday 5 May 2009

My new car

I WANT IT!!!
And it's rare for me to put my foot down on something so firmly... though I'm sure my husband would disagree...

But I want it!

I have had my Hyundai Tucson for 3 and half years now, not like it's not a good car, it's actually perfect for my lifestyle... But I think it deserves a sister.
Something less bulky, with a bit more class than an SUV could have, something with a more aerodynamic shape... And definitely with a great diet!

Wait a second... "Diet?"
You may wonder where and how a great diet and a car mix...

And it's now that I unveil the newest, greatest discovery!
The car that runs on chocolate!



You can read all about it here

Some considerations certainly need to be made... The article explains how this beauty has been optimised to run on bio-diesel which can be derived from waste products left over from making chocolate; so the question that's prompted is "how much chocolate does one have to make to have enough waste to run the car?"
And surely one must ask as well "Where will I find chocolate waste derived bio-diesel on the motorway?"

'cause I can certainly refrain to eat the whole chocolate bar and leave a square or two for the tank but what if I forget?

Does it mean that I should buy Cadbury's shares? Keep a ministrels' packet always in my boot for emergencies?

And what type of chocolate makes the best waste? The plain one (one would think since it's 70% cocoa!) or the milk one since it has proteins?
And what about the mutations? Mint? Orange? Ooohhh Caramel!

I believe it's a great idea, the world can definitely do with more sustainable motor vehicles on the road... I can even put up with the carrot steering wheel but for goodness sake, if you buy one of these things and you're a girl, make sure to be on a diet if you ever intend to get somewhere!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It always seems to come back to chocolate with you, doesn't it? Should I be offering chocolate in return for chemistry marks? One chocolate truffle per percent... and Dona heads for 100% (and a request to be allowed to take the resit too). I thought Italians were meant to live off pasta, sundried tomatoes and olive oil?

Dona said...

Andrew, if you really offered a chocolate truffle per percent I would also offer to sit (and resit) the exams of my classmates!!!
I've always had a little thing for chocolate but don't worry, pasta, sundried tomatoes and olive oil are plentiful too (before I end the meal with some kind of chocolate dessert!) :-p

Kevin said...

I cant imagine a waste product from chocolate being anything bad... Surely it would only be more choc goddness which it would seem a shame to waste!