Thursday 25 February 2010

Stowaway

Following the suggestion of a dear friend I have decided to post a funny story just to let the world know I am indeed alive, if a tad busy with life!

So, two days ago I was running late as usual on my timetable getting ready for university.
Make-up on, half dressed, hair still wet from the shower but with my backpack already packed from the night before so at least I didn't have to worry about that... Except, I still needed to put the flask with my soup in.

Oh dear! Run to the fridge, choose the soup, warm it in the microwave, put it in the flask and put the flask in the bag.

Almost ready to go now...

Shoes on, hair almost dry, a last touch of lipstick and off I go to pick up the bag.
Up on my shoulders and... why is it so heavy?!? Never mind, must be just that I'm tired!

Eh... did it just move?!?

Right, bag off my shoulders, I notice I didn't close the zipper properly... Opening big enough to allow... No, it can't be... Or maybe yes...

Open the bag... and yes, there HE was...
I found my little stowaway in my backpack!!!

"Were you thinking of coming with me to uni?" I rhetorically asked...
The answer is a loud, proud purr... And of course no movement hinting that he had any intention to come out of the bag.

Sushi, my little monster got so close to get taken into an anatomy lecture today that I really wonder (having already found him once playing with my stethoscope) if he's pursuing a medical career same as me!

Sorry little one, you'll have to stay home for now but I promise to share all my notes with you as soon as I'm home!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now what would have happened to a cat that jumped out of a bag in a dissection room? Would he do damage, or would damage be done to him? Thank goodness you didn't have to find out. It was a well-planned plan Sushi, but not a good plan.

Dona said...

hm... something tells me he has already given up on the medical career... I found him in my stationary box tonight... I think he's planning to open a branch of Rymans somewhere now! ;-)

Anonymous said...

...or was looking for paper to write his book on "Life with Dona"?

He knows everything :)

Claude said...

Was Sushi, the one, sitting on Andrew's (bald) head at one time? I would be very careful about Andrew's last comment. It was probably suggested to your roommate on that so-called friendly encounter. I would ban paper and pencil immediately from Sushi's toys. Who knows? Maybe the first chapter is already on its way to Andrew secret spy's address. How would you like to go back to Scotland with Sushi's bestseller: "Donna's Wild NewYork's Life. Edition approved by Andrew Scott." on all the bookstands?

All the best. Always.

Dona said...

Andrew and Claudia, you may be on the right track...
I found little teethmarks all over my wooden pencil, indicating that he was indeed taking notes...
Best start looking for that 1st book chapter... knowing the subject I wouldn't be surprised if it was already sent to an editor! ;-)

Claude said...

Not to worry, Dona. I have an international reputation for honesty. If that chapter says more than it should, I'll vouch that, in New York, you have been a hard-working Scottish lass, destined to medical greatness. Actually, Sushi only wants your well-being, thinking that fame might lessen your work load. Cheers! :)

Claude said...

BTW, have some chocolate this week-end. It solves all problems. The treat is on me! :)

Anonymous said...

Actually Sushi did whisper in my ear, but all he said was "She thinks she's the clever one in this house. Ha ha, can you believe that mate?"

Then we just exchanged knowing smiles.