Thursday 18 June 2009

Wonderful creation

Today is sunny and warm, like all the previous days of our holiday here in Mexico.

Today I have spent about 8 hours by the pool soaking up some rays and thinking about how blessed I am, like all the previous days of our holiday here in Mexico.

Today I have decided to leave my husband enjoy our new friends and come up to the room on my own to nap a bit and read a beautiful book I managed to rummage in the pool butler's trolley.
So I did and, after about an hour of reading I closed the book, sighed and looked ahead staring right at the ocean and thinking this is heaven.

Heaven, what a beautiful word this is!

And I found myself wondering how is Heaven going to be... The Bible tells me something about it but I also know that eyes have not seen and ears have not heard of the wonders waiting for us there... So it's only human to try and guess...

Ocean? There must be an ocean...
Sand? Light? Wind? Animals? How much different is it going to be from what we are used to know here?

This is probably one of the best holidays I've ever had and it's so special... the feeling that this was created for us to enjoy, the new friends we have met, the things we are so glad to experience, the laughter we're delighted to share and all the memories we're making to keep us warm when we'll be back in our country.

How is Heaven going to be than? Knowing that friends will be forever, that memories will never fade, that God will really be "at hand" and we'll enjoy not only his creation but Him as well.

A bit pointless at this point in time to play the guessing game and though it's fun it certainly doesn't give me any answers.

The only thing that's sure is that Heaven is going to be amazing, though we can't comprehend to which extent now, and that this wonderful creation is just a little taste of the future that's lovingly laid ahead for us... How exciting!!!


1 comment:

Jac said...

Looking forward to it. :)