Saturday 1 November 2008

Doing the "right thing"

Right, I have to apologise for not being able to update this blog in the past couple of weeks, it is so unlike me!
The excuse(s) is/are that I was busy, had tests coming up, a husband just come back from India, a gorgeous birthday party and a painfully snotty cat...
...The truth is, I had a bit of a writer's block!
Not like I didn't know what to say, that would be ridiculous given the fact that I am Italian and we can waffle endlessly, it was more on the fact that I actually had so much stuff going on that I couldn't find a way of mentally organising it all and write it down... hence, a few white pages!
College is going great, so far I'm keeping up really well with assessments and study plan...
I just had my progress interview with my tutor in which he told me that he's very happy about my work... I know I can do better though, and he knows it too, so I'm working on concentrating a bit more or studying and less on having a life...

Yeah... well... who needs a life anyway?!? After all it's only a few months till we'll know who gets into St Andrews so it's worth the effort.
I really hate this situation where only 5 of us will be able to proceed to St. Andrews, we should all be given the chance to go on...

In these quiet, literally unproductive days, I had the chance to get to know some people in my class a bit better.
To be honest, we have some real characters in the group and I love them!

We all have amazing stories that made us what we are today and I got fascinated by a few of them. We all face things in such a different way...
I'm the little control freak but you can easily spot the funny one, the laid back one, the goofy one, the frightened one and many more...
So, as I sit amongst them and I get to be a little part of their day, I wonder why was I thinking that I shouldn't be much help to them just because we're "competing"...

Is this really what a Doctor would do?
Would he turn his back to people in need and say: "Sorry but I'm after the same thing you are so no, I won't help you get closer to it..."
Would he say "Your loss my gain"?
...Would he really?
Well, I wouldn't!

Would God really judge me worth of going on taking care of people if I am so worried about someone being better than me that I won't feel safe helping them?

Do I really trust God "so much" to think that doing the right thing would damage me?
I sure don't think so...
So I've started!
I've started sharing my notes, my methods, my revision cards and tables...
I have started doing what is right to do and I know that this will only make me a better person.

So here it is, in black and white, all I have been thinking.

...So much for the writer's block...
St. Andrews University

No comments: