Wednesday 5 November 2008

Studying in company

They say that studying in company has its advantages...

Yeah, I can see that!

You share the knowledge and notes, if someone doesn't get something the other person(s) can help, when a pause is needed you're not alone and some nice, maybe mindless conversation can go on and take your thoughts away from revision...

Truth is that studying with friends can also be tricky as not all go at the same pace, you may have to wait for or have to catch up with people, may want to concentrate on a subject rather than another one but not everybody agrees, you may not be up for the chatter at the table or maybe prefer studying with music rather than in complete silence but your preferences are not regarded...

So tonight it's bonfire night in Scotland. Apparently a guy didn't manage to blow up the parliament some few years ago so, to celebrate that event, we do blow up half of Edinburgh and surroundings with fireworks every year on this night!
The rhyme goes like "Remember remember the 5th of November..." though really, how could someone forget about it with an explosion every 4 seconds, I don't know...


Don't take me wrong, the displays that go on throughout the city and the rest of the country are gorgeous but quite different to what I am used to do as a celebration!

I was supposed to go out with friends for a firework galore display but, 1- I have a cat that needs supervision as he's still not completely recovered from his anesthesia, 2- it's too flipping cold outside for a hearty Italian like me and 3- I have tons (...and I am not kidding by saying tons) of notes to rewrite and study so I have decided to pass on the explosion's part of the evening, sent the husband out to represent the family, and staid home to expand my quite limited knowledge on the human heart and ECGs.

I have friends studying with me tonight and, as you can see from my picture, I don't know about the sharing of notes, pace of learning or equal contribution of knowledge but it's pretty clear that they are both very much into it as well as excellent providers of mindless conversation!

1 comment:

Dona said...

Perhaps when Dr Sushi and Dr Storm will join National Health System the entire system will be upgraded. At least in fun!

Papinho