Sunday 12 April 2009

An Easter break

Easter holidays are over and there is a reason why I actually am blogging at the end of the two weeks rather than in the middle...
I have been wondering if anything exciting would happen, anything that would make me go "WOW!" but then I started to wonder what would actually make me go "WOW!" and I couldn't answer.

So time ticked by and me going about my usual life kind of waiting but not exactly knowing for what I was waiting.

Study didn't seem too appealing all of a sudden (I bet it's because it is bugs this time!), cats were funny but not as usual, friends did come around but I wasn't satisfied... Even my very brief and extremely exhausting trip to Milan turned out to be a rush which, though it filled me with joy due to the time spent with my father and brother, really went so fast that is has already kind of blurred in the background of all the things I'm dealing with at the moment... I even wondered if I have indeed been there or if it wasn't just a dream.

I feel like I have waited in vain for something to happen but if you ask me what I don't really know how to explain.

Am I going insane? Am I ALREADY insane?

Or maybe this is just life... and we should appreciate it for what it is...
Waiting, not even knowing for what, doesn't pay.
One should go on living every day as usual and when something does happen than "WOW!" that would be the moment!

Or, and this is what I have been considering, we should still be able to find that "WOW!" in everyday life, in the little things we do, in the words of a friend, in the play fight of two cats, in the lines of a book, in the embrace of your family, in our image in the mirror.

I believe we should, we can, we must...

There is something unexpected even in the expected and that's the wonder of it.
Timing is different, colours are different, emotions are different, seasons are different, faith is different, sky is different, the soul...is different...

So this Easter break taught me more than a lesson:
- the first one is that we shouldn't wait for something not even knowing what it is,
- the second one is that we are beings able to see the wonder of living even when it's not apparent,
- and the third one is that, for goodness sake, I HATE BUGS!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chemistry class starting again. That's what you've been waiting for :-) Wow!