Thursday 2 October 2008

Me and my chocolate-truffle wellies...


Perth College organised an adventure day out for our class today.
After 3 days of almost solid rain, today was absolutely gorgeous… too bad it was freezing!

Anyway, after getting out of bed at silly o’clock, I had breakfast, played a bit with the kitties and then dragged my sleepy face back to the bedroom to decide what to wear since I knew we were going to climb up trees and stuff like that…
Not like I have many ‘lumberjack–like’ attires, and you know me, I am a girlie girl so I had to think hard at what I wanted to wear.

Jeans? Hm, maybe…
A long sleeve top? Yeah but it’s so cold outside
Trainers? Would be the ideal choice but what if they get tree sap or mud on them? They’re pink!!!

So after much consideration I wore a pair of black jeans, a nice woolen jumper, a warm jacket and I pulled out of the cupboard my wellies.
See, my wellies are not normal, boring wellies… They are decorated with a picture of chocolate truffles which makes them perfect for a girl to wear.
They are comfortable, keep your feet dry and warm and they are so über cool!




So off I went, drove for an hour from Edinburgh to Perth and got on the minibus driven by our lecturer to Dunolly Park with the rest of my classmates.

Today turned out to be a day of great achievements.


I managed to climb to the top of a 60-foot tree and to beat the record of crate stacking in my group… Not bad for someone who doesn’t like to be higher than 1 foot off the ground!
When I got to the top of the tree I was so elated I could hardly breathe.My arms and legs were quite sore and shaking from the climb and looking down wasn’t exactly an option!


I staid up there for a minute and in this short time a few thoughts went through my head…

If you put your mind to it you can achieve anything…
If you fail the first time why not try a second one?
If you can’t do a particular thing it doesn’t mean you won’t be able to do other ones…

As I let myself slide down, hanging on for dear life to the rope, I felt so good!


As the morning progressed I tried a few more things with my friends which turned out to be so much fun as we got to know each other better.



At the end of the challenges we all gathered in the garden for a nice BBQ before going back home and almost asleep on the bus, with my head about to fall on Simon’s shoulder, I did think my chocolate-truffle wellies and I had a great day!

2 comments:

Dona said...

Hi Dona,
only a girlie girl has to think about what to wear for a day like today!!!!
Anyhow congratulation on your achievements!!
You are always willing to be the best!
Papinho

Joy Aquino said...

love the wellies...almost as I love chocolates! ha!