Monday 18 July 2011

The world's first "animated" tattoo

Just the other day I was discussing with a friend of mine the idea of a tattoo.
I love them on other people but can't really see one on myself.
I'd be afraid to get tired of it, change my mind on the design... But I guess, most of all, I'd be freaking out at the idea of a needle piercing my skin at supersonic speed (picture me in a slight tinge of green feeling sick!!!)

Anyway, Aaron was telling me about this crazy video I definitely had to check out on Youtube of the world's fist "animated" tattoo.
Before I did that I of course asked what he was talking about... Animated tattoo??? How can the drawing on a person be animated?

So, it turns out that a Parisian ink artist tattooed on somebody's body a multi-media image.
Let me explain it better: basically he tattooed on a guy a QR code (those "checkered images" that you see on your boarding pass, on internet, now in some clubs and restaurants) which are used to activate an URL, an image or whatever you need as soon as they are scanned.

So the artists made a drawing of the frame and right in the middle of the image he tattooed this code... The following video is the real account of how it works!!!

Unbelievable, I say!!!
... And definitely NO, as cool as this may look, I still don't fancy a tattoo!!!



No comments: