Tuesday 4 August 2009

Befriending dinner

Oh, I have a soft spot for funny stories and this one really made my day!

It is about an unlikely friendship developed between a snake and his evening snack Gohan, the hamster.
Instead of gulping it down Aochan (the snake) took a liking in this unusual friend
They now share a cage and apparently some night Gohan falls asleep on top of his friend snake.

Now I suppose this is a very good way mother nature has to teach us about friendship, how it can conquer even the highest barriers, how it transcends background and species...
It really made me think... if animals can why is it so difficult for humans?!

Though as much as I appreciate the beauty of the story don't ever expect me to befriend my chocolate cake slice! :-)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One day long ago in the Land of Faraway a little Princess was being punished by her wicked fairy Godmother, who said to the Princess: "You have two choices. I can turn you into a hamster for a day and put you in a cage with a snake, or I can turn you into a chocolate cake for an hour and put you on Dona's table." And the little Princess thought for just a short moment, and said very firmly: "I'll take my chances with the snake."

Dona said...

Oh God! I think I laughed non stop for about 20 minutes after having read your comment!!!
The poor little princess...